The Misinformation Village aims to present a comprehensive overview of misinformation tactics, current campaigns, potential methods for defence and inoculation, and discussions of current and future campaigns. We seek to define, identify, understand, address, and combat misinformation, as well as strengthen online content credibility and information quality.
The deadline for submitting proposals is July 3rd, 2022, 23:59 PM Hawaii Standard Time. Notification for speakers will start on July 11th via email.
Some accepted proposals will qualify for a DefCon 30 human badge.
- History of how misinformation has evolved through the years
- Identifying and measuring the spread of mis- and disinformation
-Current research on social media companies and how they are handling misinformation.
- What normal people on social media are doing to combat misinformation and the repercussions of that activism on their personal lives.
- How misinformation is being used in warfare.
-How to deprogram or approach family members who are too far down the rabbit hole
- The Ecosystem of misinformation and offending actors
- Algorithmic accountability and the science of knowledge integrity
- New multi-modal frameworks for platform and content safety
- Misinformation and upholding free expression and online democratic debate
- Elections verification and strengthening elections information ecosystems and processes
- Unbiased news and new media business models
Copyright © 2022 Hacks/Hackers. All rights reserved.